Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Available for hire to rid to you of your vampire problem

Last night, as arranged from the moment my tickets home were booked, Kari and I went for Chinese. Little did I know she had planned for all my friends to be there. Surprise! I was eternally grateful for having been bothered to put make up on. It was a great night, with many a laugh. The Chinese has unofficially the worst service in the history of restaurants worldwide. Traditionally Kari and I get the table in the hallway amongst all the people in for takeaways, although last night we got moved up to be sitting in the restaurant proper. I felt like I’d got bumped up to first class on a plane! Lynsey was sick and so couldn’t make it, but her seat was left out and therefore thirty minutes after we’d all arrived, looked at and closed our menus we still were waiting to order. Ruth tried to order a jug of water for the table and was met with, perhaps the blankest look I have ever seen in a person. She had no clue what was just asked of her. Eventually through all of us miming drinking and saying ‘water’ very slowly and loudly the message was understood. However when a jug arrived with only three glasses we felt it best just to leave it.

I had the Crispy Fried Smoked Chicken, my favourite starter. It is lovely but as someone pointed out last night it doesn’t have garlic in the title which may come as a surprise to someone who'd never had it because it has more garlic than France. That's why I'm up so early this morning, because the smell of garlic off myself woke me.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I am with you on the garlic front - it is now quite clearly Thursday morning (a good 36 hours after the event) and I still reek of garlic! Bah Humbug. ( By the way, the word 'Bah' may not be the best word to say out loud when you have garlic breath)

Related Posts with Thumbnails