Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The official middle of the week

Ah Wednesday, and the middle of the week already. To celebrate I thought I’d tell you what I got up to at the weekend and what I plan to get up to this weekend (subject to change).

This past weekend:


- I saw Rick Warren on Larry King Live (Larry King = a more showbiz Jeremy Paxman). I never actually made it to the end of ‘The Purpose Driven Life’ but I do feel a wee bit more inspired to finish now. I really liked Rick Warren and he made some very strong arguments to Larry King’s questions (although they were nowhere near Paxman’s standard).

- I went into Asheville with Maggie on Friday night. We went to a bar somewhere. We both got IDed on the way in which is a weird concept for me when I’ve been legal back home for 7 years. Not that I use the privilege much…actually, ever.

- I went to Jose’s in SC for his Christmas party. Ah fun times. I feel a mite more Christmassy now. Some of his friends from the last weekend were there but there were millions that I’d no clue about. But the partay was great craic anyway. Jose made some sort of Pork dish that is a traditional Costa Rican Christmas dinner. I ate it and was not sick. Result!

- we visited Biltmore House on Sunday. It’s America’s largest home apparently. It’s definitely not small. It’s kind of like a National Trust house with rooms on display and all that. Every room we went into had a Christmas tree and garlands hanging. Although Doris (Jose’s friend) discovered that most were fake.

- I went shopping with Maggie after the Biltmore. I know, I know, I don’t go shopping on Sundays but there was a good explanation that for reasons that are too long and dull I won’t go into.

This weekend coming:


- I am going to some Christmas concert thing with Virginia’s small group. No doubt this will add to my ever increasing Christmas mood.

- I may well have to tidy. Last night I was lucky I was able to find the sofa. I imagine the situation will only worsen over the next few days.

- Maggie and I are going to go ice skating. I cannot wait! I haven’t been in ages. It’s just pure fun!

- I am sleeping in on Saturday morning. Heaven help my next door neighbour should he decide that the perfect time to start his leaf blowing yoke is 8.30am like he did at Thanksgiving. He was very lucky I was stubborn then and refused to be awoken by his rudeness.

- I am going to go back to the Welcome Pack Giving Church. It’s been a while since I was there. I don’t think they’ll let me take another pack though.



Doris, Jose, and the Biltmore (hewge!)

1 comment:

Tina said...

NB I had THE WORST EVER food poisoning after eating pork and now associate pork with throwing up. That is the reason I was please I wasn't sick, not that I thought I would be because Jose cooked.

Related Posts with Thumbnails