Saturday, December 17, 2005

Dr. Daddy

Yesterday was the graduation, the reason I wanted to be home and I wasn’t sorry I had made the trip. Although David and I were talking before the ceremony, saying that normally you build up to these sort of things, you know you start out going to Nativity plays, Sports Day, School concerts and Prize Days. Then hopefully you see your children graduate from University. Seeing our dad graduate yesterday came out of order and we were at a Graduation ceremony about twenty years too soon with no time to build up our stamina.

Still it was a good day. I think we were all a little relieved that the Honorary Grad was Melvyn Bragg and not some man from the field of psychology in railway accidents, although no doubt Father would have been delighted. Melvyn Bragg however comes nowhere close to beating the best Honorary Grad I’ve ever heard of, James Nesbitt. Genius! (He was at my graduation. I was sitting right behind him! ‘Raaachel’)

It was a funny day, I'd tell you stories but they’re probably only funny if you were there, or if you are in our family so I’ll not. But it was a lot to do with laughing at some of the boffins that were graduating (of which my dad is not).



The good doctor and me (with new improved hair, not that any of you will notice because you haven't seen me in months!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails