Thursday, December 29, 2005

That was the week that was

Well what a busy old time I’ve been having. I’ll summarise the highlights of the past week for you.

Christmas Eve
Carol Singing with YF. The best craic you could ever have singing, outside, in the cold, to people you don’t really know.

Christmas Day
Opening family presents with the parents. Santa doesn’t bring me as much as he used to, well there are other children now that need the space in his sleigh. I’ll take what I can get. My bestest present was probably one of those cool cushion things for the plane.

Boxing Day
Playing NI Monopoly with Dad, David and Karen. Although the game had to be abandoned due to some dubious play. I don’t think me calling the party a cheating bugger for the rest of the game helped the situation.

Tuesday
Getting many a bargain at the Next sale. I will definitely be the most stylish person in Hicksville now.

Wednesday
Going to the cinema with Jennie, Lynsey and Ruth. Although we didn’t actually make it to the film. Unfortunately it was full so we tried to go to Dublin Road for another show. But Jennie’s Stoplock on her car broke. Nothing we did made any difference, the key just wouldn’t go in the lock. Jennie called her dad and he came up with another key. While we waited for him we went into the Sportsbowl! Ha! I have not been there since I was about 14! When Ronnie arrived we were all a little relieved when he couldn’t do it either, we weren’t just being weak girls. Two passing Policemen had a go. Evidently they missed the class in Police Academy on stoplock breaking and gave up after 15 minutes. Eventually Ronnie got it off with a bit of brut force and ignorance and an hour and a half after we arrived at the cinema we left. I once watched a TV programme about those stoplock things. Car thieves can get them off in seconds, so if any of us had been brave enough we should have just asked a few of the spids hanging around outside the cinema, no doubt one of them would know the trick (only from watching the TV programme too obviously). But despite not actually seeing the film, it was a funny night!

Thursday
Meeting up with Ruth for lunch and yet more shopping.

    Still to come this week

    • Meeting Brian for tea tonight. I don’t see him often but when I do it’s always a good night.
    • Meeting my TOM girls for lunch tomorrow. That’ll definitely be great craic. I was their favourite DYCW staff member (I gave them the money!)
    • Meeting Joanne and Marie from the PGCE. No doubt I’ll hear all their teaching disasters and triumphs so far.
    • New Year’s Eve – officially the biggest anti-climax ever but sure.

    No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails