Thursday, December 15, 2005

Kill the fattened calf

Yes, that’s right, the prodigal daughter has returned.

I’m sorry if I have lied to you over the past few weeks but I wanted to surprise my mum and dad. I know how NI works and that word would somehow reach home before I did if I told too many people.

Father is graduating tomorrow and Jud gave me the idea to surprise him before I even left home. So thanks to David and Karen, Kari and Nicky for helping me pull it off. The parents had absolutely no idea! It was fantastic. I had spun a web of lies over the past few weeks including:
-Telling my dad my fake dates and flight numbers
-Telling my mum my phone was broken so that when it was switched off on the plane and I didn’t reply she wouldn’t be suspicious
-Telling them that I had meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday in Asheville so if they phoned they’d not be surprised if I wasn’t at my desk

If either of them could have seen my face they would have known in an instant that I was lying and special credit must go to David whose ‘guilty face’ has given him away more times than enough. He excelled himself and may now be able to start playing poker.

David picked me up from Nicky’s and we drove out home deciding how exactly I should make my entrance. David went in first, got them sitting in the living room telling them he had a present from Sweden for them but they had to close their eyes. He then came outside and got me. I crept into the living room and told them they could open their eyes.


I think it’s fair to say they had no clue.

1 comment:

MinisterMoo said...

Such a good photo! I'm very impressed at your subterfuge. Top marks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails