Sunday, December 17, 2006

Five things

I was tagged by Jools. Ever keen to play games, here’s five things you might not know about me:

1. The only bone I have broken is my left wrist. I did this when I was 12, a week before I went on holiday to Majorca with Karen Next Door and her parents. I broke it playing ‘run down the hill and jump off the wall to see how far you can get’ at Browns Bay with YF. I went on holiday anyway but had to wear a plastic bag with rubber band in the pool and was never fully emersed the whole two weeks. See Karen for the hilarious clip of me trying to get on the lilo using only one arm. [The tape also contains amusing footage of Karen getting fully hacked off with her dad and the video camera. For her tender age, she uses some adult language. Either that or she's practising her French in entirely the wrong country.]

2. That holiday to Majorca is the only typical beach holiday I’ve had. We used to go to Guernsey and although we went to the beach it was no Costa Del Sol. Neither did we ever go to Portrush (or indeed Newcastle) on day trips or holidays. The first memorable time I went there was when I was 12 with YF (probably the week before I broke my wrist) although my parents say they did take us once. I'm not really moaning, I'd just rather go somewhere to see something other than a tourist beach and a hotel swimming pool. And I think Portrush and Newcastle are tacky. There, I said it. Kick me out of the country why don't you.

3. I have no cousins. My dad has eleven. My mum doesn't have any either. Her dad had 33.

4. I never had a detention in school ever, not even a lunchtime detention for French vocab. Actually I don’t think I have ever failed an exam either, although I did have to ‘resit’ my L6th summer exams, but this was because my teachers were ‘disappointed’ with my results. Technically I didn’t fail because other people got lower marks than me but they didn’t have to resit. Yes, I am still bitter about this.

5. I claim to be a
supertaster. I have a greater number of fungiform papiliae which house taste buds. This means that I taste things in coffee, alcohol, grapefruit and chilli you normoes can’t. Despite the scientific evidence to the contrary my dad still says this is just a fancy name for fussiness.

So I tag
Karen Next Door, Pam, Ruth, Helen and Kari (use your own blog, the comments or your Bebo) please and thank you.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

ha ha like the fact that my link is the hockey site!!!

Kaz said...

noooo don't b taggin' me, everyone knows everything about me anyway..I have no secrets ;-)

Ruth said...

Darn it Tina you tagged me! Here are my 5 for your reading pleasure (also on my Bebo!)

1. Famous people that I have met (that you do not require geeky football knowledge to know) include George Best (famous for being Northern Irish and having a son called Callum), Ryan Giggs (famous for being good looking and quite hairy), Ally McCoist (famous for being on Question of Sport) and the one and only Bobby Davro (probably played for a Sunday League team at one stage in his career, also dabbled in comedy)! Ha Ha Ha.

2. One of my favourite childhood pastimes with my good friend Rhonda was to get in our sleeping bags and slide down the stairs! This was also quite a painful pastime as we both lived in houses which had turns in the stairs half way down, therefore we crashed against the wall before sliding some more – ah those were the days!

3. As what-you-ma-call-her Bedingfield sings, “I bruise easily”. That is so accurate it is not funny. I am always wearing a bruise from something or another – hockey (nice big ball sized ones), walking into things (little small ones dotted randomly around my person) or Mark (I am convinced he hits me in my sleep).

4. I am a self confessed ‘Monica’ from Friends. I am a tidy freak, I like things to sit perpendicular to each other, I have ‘good’ plates to use when visitors come round and I’m contemplating separating ‘guest’ towels from ‘everyday use’. I am also quite competitive (who me?) and must win all games/quizzes!

5. When I was a baby I cried a lot – surprising I know. So keen to rest their ears from my wailing, my parents used to wheel me in my pram out into the back garden and leave me to cry out there, guarded by… wait for it…our cat called Bert!

Tina said...

Bert?! Brilliant Ruth! Glad you liked your link! It didn't look right without a link so I thought that 'the ladies' would be the best one!

Linda, not knowing where Browns Bay is is a capital offence where I live!!

Karen, looks like you found somethings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails