Thursday, December 21, 2006

What day is today?

I’ve spent most of this week being confused by the days. On Tuesday I thought it was Wednesday, on Wednesday I thought it was Friday and I have no clue what today feels like. Mum tells me it’s Thursday but I’m not convinced. Now that I am on holday time, it'll only get worse.

Here’s a summary of the week (days are accurate):

Sunday
My first Carol service of the season and YF Christmas Party. My favourite game was the ‘make your own Christmas decoration’ game. I watched another Christmas film, Miracle on 34th Street. This was also the day when I should have written Christmas cards. That didn't happen so unless a wave of enthusiasm comes over me, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope 2007 is wonderful! Love Tina xxx

Monday
The work Christmas Party and Annual Present game. A good time was had by all and I got the present I wanted, sorry Graham. I played my favourite game the Team and Nicky, Guess Which Famous Person I Saw in Castlecourt, and was once again ready to run when the answer was revealed. I don’t why they are disappointed when they find out it’s Santa. That’s a quality celebrity spot!



'Tis the season to... wear hats made of tissue paper.

Tuesday
My last full day in work and the happy return of Office Cricket. We didn’t play at all this time so a good game was coming, alas it was cut short, but not before I got my half century. I think they let me get it, it being my last game before I retire from the sport.



The batting warm up.

The other memorable bit from the day came when the photocopier man came to fix the photocopier. He’s very passionate about photocopiers and told stories about photocopiers from the seventies which had mice in them. (They were living there because it was cozy, not there in some sort of industrial copying workhouse.) But the moment came when I tried to show him what was going wrong with it printing and photocopying. I showed him the examples sitting on my desk, an email printout and unfortunately evidence from the Christmas party the night before. Photocopied faces (he had to clean the glass after he fixed the machine) and the work entitled ‘Fingers Extended’. Could have been worse, there were no bare bums (which led him to tell a ten minute story about glass breaking after office parties. Apparently the glass can cost up to £90 to replace because despite what it may look like it’s not ordinary glass. You have been warned).

Went to my second Carol service in Methody. It was good and typical MCB. The choir sang fourteen pieces. Surely above and beyond?

Wednesday
I finished off this stint in the Department with another great feed, the Christmas dinner. Very nice it was. We walked in at 1.00pm and out at 10.30pm. That’s right, Methodists doing Christmas dinners like champions! My new phone arrived ending the sorry relationship I had with Sony Ericcson. Nokia and I are now happily reunited. It was a good day.

Thursday
I haven’t actually done anything today. Not a sausage. My sore throat of last week morphed into a cold this week and today I have finally succumbed to bird flu.

In other news, I am looking forward to getting to sunnier climes where there is no ice for me to fall on. I fell coming into the house, cracking my knee off the front doorstep. It bloody well hurt and I cried like the girl I am. There is a lump, doubling the size of my already ugly knee. No doubt the bruise will follow. I reckon it will rival anything Ruth can get in hockey.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails