Friday, December 15, 2006

‘Great’ films I’ve never seen

We saw ‘The Holiday’ tonight. A bit less Christmas than I’d imagined and a bit too much corn but still highly watchable, I still enjoyed it. I totally understand why it got panned by Dom on Chris Moyles, boys I’d stay away. (Unless of course you want to learn how to get a Cameron Diaz?*)

In it, they talk about various ‘great’ films, which reminded me of the list I was composing in my head of films I have never seen. So in no particular order…

ET
The Wizard of Oz
Any Indiana Jones film
Gone With the Wind
The Rocky films (or Rambo come to think of it)
The Godfather (1, 2, or 3)
Casablanca
Schlinder’s List
The Silence of the Lambs
Any Monty Python film
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Donnie Darko
Kill Bill (1 or 2)
The Princess Bride

That Goonies thing (I hadn't even heard of this film until a year or two ago)
Gladiator
Gandhi
Stand By Me
Ben Hur
Spartacus
Apocalypse Now

The Last Samurai
Any Jaws film
Any Alfred Hitchcock film
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Goodfellas
Any of the Terminator films
The Usual Suspects
Last of the Mohicans
The Piano
Any Lethel Weapon film
Edward Scissorhands
Bugsy Malone
The Blues Brothers
Platoon
Saving Private Ryan
Braveheart
Any of The Matrix films

Excuse me, I must go now and watch some of these moo-vies you speak of.


*Answer: Be a Jude Law**

** although in Christian circles, probably best not to sleep with a girl before you actually know her name.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails