Saturday, December 01, 2007

Stop 3: Brisbane*

I’m only a week into this adventure but here I am at stop three already. But before I tell you about it, I’ll finish off Melbourne with some photos.

The MCG
Ok, so I kind of dragged Lynsey and Caroline here but I think they nearly enjoyed it. Although I knew that the cricket museum at the end was pushing it.



Dennis Lillie and I bowling. I think he needs to work a bit on his action, look at me, I’m the pro.


The view across the city was amazing. On the right is where the Australian Open is played.

On Wednesday we hired a car and drove along Great Ocean Road.


That’d be the Great Ocean then.


We made it all the way to the Apostles. This brought about the funniest quote of the trip so far.

Caroline: Is there a place where you can see all seven?
Lynsey: Seven?! What about the other four?!



We drove all the way to Port Campbell which is a little bit of what I imagine Summer Bay to be like and watched the sun set.

On Thursday all my dreams were realised when we went to Ramsay Street. Oh yes!


Erinsborough High.


Oh my goodness! The Robinson house!


Harold wasn’t in.


Seriously, me on Ramsay Street.

So now we’re in Brisbane for a few days. Today we thought we’d try to beat the weekend crowds and go to Australia Zoo, the one that Steve Irwin owned. I wasn’t really that bothered when he died. Although I knew who he was, I had never watched any of his programmes but walking round the zoo today made me sad, over a year later. His picture is up everywhere and you can just see the passion and energy he had for what he did.



Me and the family Irwin.


Give him the meat, give him the meat!


I got to stroke a koala!


So there we go, that's Australia thus far. We head to Sydney soon so no doubt I'll be blogging again soon.

*Or as we like to call it Bris-bain, which sets us off on Boycey impressions of ‘Marlene’.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

amazin!!!!!

ps loving the 'mar lene'!!

Kaz said...

I miss Oz :(

Kari said...

Ramsey Street!! So jealous! Looks amazing :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails