Saturday, December 08, 2007

These things just seem to happen to me

With Lynsey and Caroline gone our room now has new people. One girl, Cat, is from Glasgow and is travelling on her own and we get on really well. We just got two new girls today.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I’ve never met an über fan before, you know the sort you see on documentaries with walls covered in posters and things the star may have touched and all that, kind of like Michael Jackson’s weird fans? You know the sort of thing right? Well our two new girls are…wait for it…drum roll please…Delta Goodrem über fans.

I wish I was joking.

I’ll fill you in on the backpacking world, I am, after all, an expert now. When you get someome new in your room you find out all the usual stuff, names, where everyone’s from, where they’re going, what they’ve done etc etc. When I came in the über fans girls (plus their other über fan friend (thankfully in another room) didn’t even give me a sideways glance. So I interrupted them and introduced myself.

If you’re not aware (which I would imagine the majority of the western world is) Delta had a new album out this week. Well apparently today she’s singing a few songs and signing the album in the backarse of nowhere in the city. It’s at 1.00pm. So what did our new roomies do? Got themselves up at 3.00am to get themselves in line ready for the big event. I wouldn’t have thought there would be a mad queue myself.

Anyway, when I met them I had just come from a nice shower and was already in my jammies. Two minutes of being in the room with them I knew I had to leave again. So on went the shorts. Not before I heard these genius quotes though:

‘Delta will be so surprised I’m here. She just saw me in Melbourne two days ago.’
‘We know everything about Delta, even what her pets are called.’
‘I don’t like the video to that song, we should make our own one.’
‘I miss the metaphors in her songs, Bryan has done that to her!’


Dear, oh dear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails