Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Twenty reasons why we’re not backpackers

1. Lynsey has nail polish remover with her.
2. We need GHDs with us.
3. We’re staying with more people that we know on this trip rather than hostels.
4. When we do have to do hostels we don’t do dorms.
5. Tina has suitcases. Massive ones at that.
6. We haven’t used the kitchen in the hostel.
7. We wouldn’t use the kitchen in the hostel.
8. Caroline spent $12 on breakfast.
9. Every meal has been out.
10. We get taxis.
11. We want an iron because we care about how our clothes look.
12. We have 80 tops between us.
13. Tina wants a pedicure.
14. A typical meal is a steak sandwich, cocktails and dessert.
15. We hire cars.
16. We bought the photos they took of us at attractions.
17. We don’t like the one ply toilet paper in the hostel.
18. We don't think hair balls in the shower are acceptable.
19. We buy bottled water.
20. We would never walk around barefoot.

2 comments:

Kaz said...

haha brilliant, indeed you are not backpackers..
Reasons why I was:

1) I think I used a hairdryer once, and that's cos I had an interview (I was away for over 8 months)
2) I was always in a dorm
3) Used the hostel kitchen pretty much every night
4) I got the free hostel breakfast all the time, ropey milk, and yellow pack cornflakes.
5) I got a taxi about once cos I was blocked and couldn't remember where the hostel was.
6) I never had dessert once! (still managed to put on 2 stone tho)
7) I probably left the hair balls in the shower
8) I actually had a backpack..hehe
... yeah ok I've run out of ideas!

Tina said...

Ha ha! And yet we are still friends!

(Oh, the word verification that I have includes 'ghd'! It's like Blogger knows!

Related Posts with Thumbnails