Monday, December 03, 2007

Stop 4: Sydney

We made it to Sydney! We started out yesterday morning on the 1000km trip and arrived in our hostel this evening. Woo hoo!

I've discovered that roadtrips are only good when you have good music. This should be a word of warning to you all: You should always locate the iPod FM transmitter in your luggage before embarking on said 1000km trip. Furthermore, if that roadtrip goes along the Gold Coast where, to quote Lynsey, the only radio station is 'Shite FM' then knowing exactly where that FM transmitter is paramount.

Yes, that's right somehow in all my luggage I could not find it so yesterday was a day of pain while we searched for a half decent radio station. I didn't think it would be so easy to have 8 hours of songs that none of us had ever even heard before, but apparently it was. Like, I mean never heard before, not just unfamilar songs. Honestly they were crap songs. It put us all in a bad mood!

But thankfully after a total reback of the big suitcase I found it! Hurrah! So today was a much better day. But we're pretty tired now so it might just be a shower and then bed so we're fresh to explore the city tomorrow. No doubt I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

MinisterMoo said...

I feel your pain - we can't find our FM transmitter at the moment... it forces us to use such old technology - I mean, CDs?!

Hope you have a grand time in Sydney :)

jools said...

I hate fm transmitter things.
they don't work for me.

seriously - when you come home, teach me how to use one correctly. i hate them. hate them. hate them


but I am nice.

:)

so jealous you're in Oz. I like it there :-)

Tina said...

I like it here too! Sydney is super! I will be jealous every time anyone ever comes here again, like you 'Mr. Three Trips a Year Man'!

Thanks for the sympathy Ross. We stopped off at so many times looking for a CD in rubbish petrol stations but to no avail. Stock, Aitken and Waterman's Greatest Hits would have been better than what we were subjected to! Ha ha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails