Friday, December 28, 2007

Well that's another Christmas over*

I did it. I had a Christmas away from home. I am now an adult. Of course it was helped by being with Megann and her parents making a big huge special effort to make it like Christmas at home. There was ham as well as turkey, my mum emailed the pavlova recipe and they made it even though they had no clue what they were aiming for and my parents sent a tin of Roses over (which cost four times as much to send as to buy...oops). I even got to watch the Queen on You Tube (I am such a geek, this was after a blow by blow account from my dad!)

I got lots of nice presents too. Santa surely is a smart man knowing where I was. Another big excitement though is the skis that I bought in preparation for Colorado next week. Woo hoo.

See how excited I am?! And yes, I do know you need the other ski on for them to be truely effective. You also need to be on snow, not carpet.


Ahh, up close. They are the prettiest skis that ever lived. And I am seriously considering a move to the Alps in order to make full use of them. The boots also cleverly match. When we went to get them, the guy, Jeff, that served us in the shop at first didn't understand the importance of them matching, bringing out an orange lined pair, claiming 'well no one will see that.' I will know Jeff, I will know.

Anyway I still need to put on photos from before but my computer is still being stupid and forgetting wireless, plus we're busy doing other things. Just like you probably.

Oh and Happy Birthday Megann! And congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Bell. Finally!

*My Grandpa said this every Christmas Day. It got earlier and earlier every year. But never before HMQ.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Colorado? oh so jealous - i like there!! have fun Lxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails