Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Deep and crisp and even

Happy New 2008 and all that! Ra ra.


We brought the new year in in downtown Detroit at a restaurant which had a really cool band. It was an All-American event, I saw Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve and the ball drop in Times Square. The restaurant had a great atmosphere and so it was less of an anti-climax than I'm used to.


The restaurant even gave us Smooth Criminal hats! Nothing says Happy New Year like a Happy New Year hat.

When we left it was snowing pretty badly but we made it home ok, and this morning awoke to this.



I reckon it's about 10-12cm deep and perfect for a snowman build.

The snow has put paid to our Grand Rapids (across the state) trip though. But it does give us more snow time!

In other news, my computer has passed on. No flowers please, he wouldn't have wanted us to mourn his passing, he would want to celebrate all the happy hours we had together of tinternet dossing, essay writing and presentation making. Rest in peace little laptop.

3 comments:

MinisterMoo said...

Poor little laptop. By the less-than-overly-concerned tone of your report, I'm guessing you had a good backup system!

Happy New Year!

Tina said...

I did! I knew it was coming so music, photos and work things were all moved a while ago. Good reading of the tone though! But then again, I don't really hide my feelings!

Tina said...

How very rude of me! Happy New Year to you too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails