Thursday, January 03, 2008

Some people need to blog

I was just moaning to Megann that no one has been blogging and she asked if I had. So to make sure you aren't moaning about me I will blog. Not really sure what about - today was a jammie day - but it's never really stopped me before. I know, we'll have a photo review.

Photo Review: Sydney

The Sydney Opera House. We got to see the Symphony Orchestra play some Schubert. Alas we were sitting behind them because we were kind of last minute but we did get to see the gusto of the conductor. He had a lot.

I spent the day at Olympic Park. I hope the 2012 people are aiming for something like this, it is fantastic! I hired a bike and cycled around the place and then had a tour of the stadium. Here I am practising my starts.

Then I went swimming in the Olympic pool which was very cool. And cold actually. It's kept to a lower temperature to help the swimmers apparently. It's supposed to be a fast pool for all sorts of techincal reasons I can't remember now but I don't think I broke any records. I definitely did not do this length in one breath like I could do my pool in Singapore.


I can't remember whose foot this was but seriously, look at the size of it compared to mine! It's a whole big toe bigger than mine! That's a paddle for crying out loud!

Oh yes I did! I have wanted to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge forever! I saw Matthew Pinsent be interviewed at the top of the bridge during the Sydney Olympics and so I was for sure doing this in Sydney! I was headed there after Olympic Park, where it had been a beautiful day. Except that when I came out of the pool it was pishing down. Getting the train back to the city, it turned into a thunderstorm and I was not happy. That's the only weather they don't allow you up in. But by the time my turn came, the storm had passed and when I was up there was hardly even a breath of wind!

Coming back down was beautiful because the lights were on. This is not a fake photo, I promise!

The next day I took a tour to the Blue Mountains. On the way we stopped at a wildlife park where you got to feed kangeroos.



The Tasmanian Devil made me laugh, he just ran around in a circle the entire time. Look at him go!

The Three Sisters. There's some story relating to why they are the three sisters. Our tour guide told us one story while the information at the place told a different one. But they don't look like sisters to me at all, more like fingers really.


I swear this man is Jim Robinson! I took a million photos of him to prove it to you all but none of them look as much like Jim as he was. Seriously, if it wasn't for his German accent I would have asked him for an autograph!



Which reminds me of another look-a-likey in Brisbane. Captain Birdseye! (On the left people, on the left!)


In the Blue Mountains we got the steepest tram in the world down to the rainforest floor. It felt like a journey to the centre of the earth!

Through some good old NI six degrees of separation I met up with Jenny, who went to my school! She lives at Bondi Beach so we had lunch there. Then it started to rain.

One evening I went and took photos of the bridge and Opera House. It turns out when you take 500 photos of something, you can get a good one!

Ah the Delta fans. This is from after going to see her. Behold the signed poster! On the suitcase is the CD and some sweets one of the entourage gave to them. Apparently they were actually Delta's! Wowzer.

On my last day I went up the pylon of the bridge which allowed me to get yet another 100 photos of the bridge and Opera House.

So that completes the Sydney photos. Next up will be Hawaii.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails