Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Reviewing (again)

I'm back from Colorado. It was amazing! I loved it! The skis went down a storm on the slopes, everyone was in awe of them! And of course my skill (more on that later).

Stop 8: Michigan
Actually, I've done a decent job of keeping up to date here with stuff. You know about my new skis, Christmas and New Year but in an effort to keep up the number of stops I've added it in!

Stop 9: Colorado
The people on the plane should warn you on the plane that it is seriously beautiful in Colorado. We could have driven off the road manys a time looking at the mountains!


Told you it was beautiful.


Our car! We decided in light of the mountains, snow and amount of luggage a four wheel drive was the way forward. Poor Megann hardly got a chance to drive it because I always wanted to! I loved it! Aside from anything else it had 6 cup holders in the front alone!!


Check out my technique. We skied five out of six possible days which was a fairly decent effort!


On our off day we went to Denver, the mile high city. The thirteenth step of the Colorado State Capitol is exactly one mile above sea level. We also went to the US Mint, where the coins are made. You shouldn't be surprised that I was excited by this.

One of our favourite things to do was take videos of us skiing:



Of course didn't always go to plan:



This, I promise, was the only time I fell while recording and if you watch it again you can see the branch that was my undoing. There's not a lot you can do but fall when your ski comes off. I think I deserve some credit for not swearing though!

Of course this wasn't the only time I fell. One time I landed in deep snow (at preference to hitting a tree). My ski came off leaving me no option to take off the other and go back and dig (yes dig) for the other. Once I had found it, I couldn't walk back to the trail because the snow was so deep (the snow was up to my thigh), so instead I threw my skis ahead of me and rolled down!

Other falls were mostly stationary. Yeah, I don't know how either.

But the stupidest fall I did was this one.

Skiing along I decided that maybe I should take my goggles off, so I stopped (key word there is stopped) and put them on my forehead. But I needed my goggles on again so this time rather than stopping I reached up and pulled them down. The goggles came down but brought with them my fleecey headband ear warmer thing.

That's right folks, I blindfolded myself skiing. But apparently I am smart enough to teach your children.

Right, got to go. Off to South Carolina.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails