Monday, September 25, 2006

Hitting the ground running

I'm back in good old NI again, home safe and sound. In retrospect it really wasn’t that bad, but at the time I just wanted to get home. But a day in New York City can never be bad right?


I played on the ‘Big’ piano in FAO Schwartz with the other children (those are the trousers I nearly threw away and Sunday’s tank top. Nice. I bought new underwear from the mighty Old Navy, in case you think I'm truly gross.)


I got me a hot dog from a street seller like a true New Yorker. Which reminds me, yet more people asked me for directions which once again proves my point, I look even look like a true New Yorker! Reason enough to move I think.

I walked up 5th Avenue to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, alas time was against me so I didn't see much. But I was dying for a pee I stopped in at the bathrooms and on my way saw the Egyptian Hall.



Technically I shouldn't have seen this because I didn't pay, but I was about to burst. What can I say, I'm Tina and I stole museum entrance, but I'd prefer to say that than 'I'm Tina and I disgraced myself by peeing on fine art because my bladder couldn't hold on any longer'. I'm sure given the choice, the Met would rather the first statement too.


They love New York. But my question is did they plan it or what it just a happy coincidence?

So since getting back I have started back in the Youth Department, half unpacked, started my photography course, slept and had a partay!

Who says you can't go home?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails