Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long weekend: New friends

I hate the way you do that thing after you’re off on a Monday and you get all the days of the week wrong for the rest of the week. But it is a small price to pay for a long weekend I guess.

So if Memorial Day starts the summer, Labor Day finishes it. My long weekend started off with a party in Greenville.



There were several reasons for the party, it was Matt and Will’s birthday in May and they were away for them and Jose and I were leaving.

Greenville parties are an event. This one was no different and was done as only they can, with a theme. We’ve had all sorts of themed parties over the year, 80s, sleepover, World Cup, Hawaiian luau. This weekend’s theme? White trash. I think it’ll be hard to top that one.

This year would have been a lesser experience if I hadn’t had the Greenville people to hang out with. Most of my fun memories and good laughs come from the people I met in South Carolina and to start to say goodbye to that with Jose leaving was sad.

But that said, hilarious theme for a party.



'This is my girlfriend...and my cousin'


I don't think I've ever seen them looking better! (That's Mellissa on the right, nothing like me when she's not playing poker!)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hoping you wouldn't notice that! I'll see what I can find! Can't promise it'll go on here though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails