Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Day one as a pro-teacher

Maybe a bit late, but here are some photos from the past week.


That'll be my plane!


The new students finished off their orientation with a campfire. Why? It's hot enough here thank you.

My school is part of a network of schools and on Saturday morning we had the joy of Staff Dedication Service. This is just the staff of the school, no guests or extras. Pretty big eh?


This is my classroom. You'll note the tidy desk, computer (sitting at it right now), sliding whiteboards with shelving in behind, and data projector. Just to the left of the projector is my best friend, the air con unit.



I'm on the 3rd floor and this is the view from the outside corridor outside my room. Look Dad, decking! The big building on the right is the admin building on the ground floor and the assembly building on the 1st floor. The admin building is where I have to pick up all my printing and I already resent having to walk that far to get it.

So there you go, other things I should mention are:

-yesterday I had to get the bus into school all by myself. This was the first time I had done it and of course it wasn't that simple. I got off about 5 stops too early, walked half a mile thinking school was closer than it really was, waited for another lucky bus number 75 and subsequently was about 20 minutes late for school. And I arrived like Sweaty Betty. An auspicious start I think you'll agree. I managed it today thankfully.

-fortunately the rest of the day went a lot better. I had my first classes and was pleased with how they went. The students are fairly well behaved. I didn't start into any actual work for fear that they might actually catch on to the fact I have no real clue what I'm doing. Don't think I can avoid work today though.

-I really need my own apartment. It is driving me mad not being able to unpack or feel settled. If you are the praying kind, do.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails