Sunday, January 14, 2007

Salubrious isn’t the word

I moved to a hotel this weekend. Not the most luxurious of places. Apparently it is very close to being torn down so they haven’t spent any money on it in, oooh, the last thirty years. But at least it is my own space.


The view from my balcony. You need to show your Typhoid immunisation certificate to be allowed to swim in the pool. Note the antique paintwork too.


The water feature on my corridor.

With the move to the hotel I am getting to experience more of Singaporean life than before with visits to a supermarket and a hawker centre. The supermarket was fun, although there was a limit to what I could buy with only a tiny hotel fridge. But the food was quite cheap and I came across some interesting items.


Green cauliflower.


On one of those TV programmes where they laugh about what domestic products or words are abroad, our Marigolds would get a big laugh.


They also have 7Elevens here! And Slurpees!

A hawker centre is a bit like a food court. There were stalls selling all sorts of asian food, drinks and fruit. The food is pretty cheap but tasty. I am not very adventurous when it comes to food but I have a feeling all that is about to change.



One of the stalls and people I don’t know.
Back to school tomorrow and I have classes to prepare.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails