Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The search for an apartment reaches crisis levels

Last night I got in from my second day as a professional teacher and was met with a madhouse (this should be the collective noun) of children and a brash Australian.

Larry's (may as well have been called Bruce) opener to me was, and I quote, 'Geez, I didn't think they made them that big in Ireland!' He then followed this up with commenting on what my mum gave me to eat that made me grow. I told him it was the same thing that she gave my brother, and obviously the same thing my granny gave my dad.

Sensing that he wasn't on to an winner of a conversation, he moved onto 'So what colour are you? Orange or green?' When I gave a non committal answer, he didn't let go. No, no, he asked what football team I supported.

Geez Larry I didn't think they made them that culturally unaware in Australia!

1 comment:

Kaz said...

wot a twat..that green or orange thing really annoys me! U'd think they'd realisse this..

Related Posts with Thumbnails