Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Pursuit of Happiness

I got my heart broken this week. Twice.

Hollywood broke it when I saw The Pursuit of Happyness. Will Smith is brilliant but his son stole the show for me. I suppose it was the pairing of them together actually. Christopher, the son is so trusting in his father as he tried to put a brave face on and work a way out of the poverty trap they were in.

Yes, it is obvious and yes, you know what is coming. But it did make me wonder, when you only have $21 left in the world and no one else to turn to, who is going to stand with you?

That was the first time.

The other time my heart got broken? When I spoke to one of my students about how he was getting on and he told me he wasn’t happy in school.

Still working on fixing it.

2 comments:

Kari said...

That's why I know you're a great teacher even though I've never seen you in the classroom. You care. Love you! K xo

Tina said...

Just found this...aww shucks! Xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails