Friday, March 16, 2007

I object

I object to time running faster when you are off work than when you are in work. Why?!

Anyway here’s what I got up what I got up to this week. As Paul Daniels would say, 'not a lot'.

Saturday
I tried to sleep in but I had to organise a tour to show the leak on my bathroom ceiling. A plumber with bad teeth, the upstairs neighbour and a security guard whose role was unspecified came to ooh and ahh. The cause of the drip was undetermined so the upstairs neighbour proposed not using her toilet to see if that made any difference. After they left I had pancakes for breakfast using an add water mix. They were especially good. Then I needed to get ready for the St. Patrick’s Day Ball. The organisers failed to realise their error in having this a week early. (More details to follow on this.)

Sunday
Slept in til 2.00pm, this had a lot to do with going to bed at 5.00am. Pancakes for brunch. Well it said to use the mix inside three days. Then off to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The organisers failed to realise their error in having this six days early. (More details to follow on this.) Clare, Derek, kids and I then had Korean for dinner. I remembered that it was one year that I was in Korea.

Monday
I got snared by having to go on a Geography field trip, curse being a First Year Form teacher and living opposite the Nature Park where they were going. It all turned a bit Casualty when a boy was taken to hospital. Why? Swept away in a rushing river trying to measure its depth? Hit by falling rocks looking at the erosion on a cliff face? No. He tripped over himself running down a hill. I teach Singapore’s brightest and best. Actually I cannot mock him. Technically that’s how I broke my arm. After the trip, I tried to do some work in school. It wasn’t so successful.

Tuesday
I slept in til 11.00pm. I had Jo and Sophie coming round at 3.30pm and a plumber at 4.30pm so the proposed plan for going into school was postponed due to not getting my butt in gear. When Jo and Sophie came round, they invited me to go out for dinner. I left my apartment, forgetting entirely about the plumber. I remembered ten minutes later and ran back to be met by my upstairs neighbour who know thinks I am a complete ditz, especially as she reminded me of the visit the night before. Anyway, fifteen minutes later I was on my way to
Vivo City for dinner and an all together too long a time in Toys R Us. But dinner was good and afterwards I bought myself a pair of shoes. Well a girl can never have too many. Even if these ones look like they will tear my feet apart.

Wednesday
I woke up early (ish) and went into school. I didn’t do much work and ended up bringing marking home which is still waiting to be finished. I despise marking GCSE questions with all my heart. I think I will stop setting them now. In the afternoon I met Clare for coffee (I had green apple soda) and I toyed with the idea of going to Kuala Lumpur for the weekend with her (but as you can tell I decided not to).

Thursday
I slept in, then met Gina, a fellow teacher for lunch. She rightly pointed out that our names are one letter different so I decided this is reason enough to hang out with her! We had Sushi, I am so cosmopolitan! Despite all my sleep I was really tired when I met her and so when I got home I came home and slept some more. In my prime, I tell you.

Friday
I slept in. Anyone else see the pattern emerging?! I had pancakes for brunch. The packet lied when it said use within three days. Six days later, they were still good and I have suffered no ill effects. I went into school this afternoon to do some photocopying. Then out for dinner. Italian this time, very nice.

One more thing to mention, I am part way through The Big Listen on myPod. I am currently on song number 657. Ok, so I haven’t listened to some of them (who are Hawthorne Heights and how did they get on my iPod? Megann?!) but it has been a week long project that has been kind of fun waiting to see what it will throw up next. I doubt I’ll make it to the end as the need to update might take precedence. Oh, change that, song number 658, Girls Aloud. Julie!


Really should go to bed now. Tomorrow the plumber is coming back to ohh and ahh some more no doubt. Thank goodness I am not paying him.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails