Monday, March 13, 2006

Seoul: Colder than Michigan

Who would have thought it was possible that there is a place that is colder than Michigan but Seoul did it. Apparently it’s unusually cold for this time of year but that isn’t much comfort. It snowed today and temperatures are well below zero. Oh I am such a southern girl now!

Things here are…well…interesting. I’m having a laugh through it all so that’s always a good sign. There are loads of things to talk about, I think I’ll be blogging for the next month on this trip. And happily for you there are plenty of photos to show. I’ll make a start with these.



I can’t actually believe I’m in Seoul. Everytime I remember I smile. One of my associated thoughts I have of the South Korean flag is of P4 and I was in Miss Nixon’s class. It was 1988, the Olympics were in Seoul and we had a whole month of special Olympics activities. One of those activities was colouring in the flag. I cannot believe I am here. Colouring in the flag I never would have guessed that one day I would be here.


I went out for an explore this afternoon. I don’t really know what this building is but thought it looked typically oriental.


As do these men. I don’t know why they are dressed like this, I just passed them on the pedestrian crossing. They look like they’ve escaped from an Olympic Opening Ceremony.

Yup, I've a feeling I’m not in Kansas anymore.


PS The time as I publish this is 21.15 on Monday not whatever it says down below, couldn't be bothered to change it. My brain is having a hard time working what time it is everywhere, especially when I am used to being behind everyone. Nine hours back for Ireland and fourteen hours back for EST. Much too much maths there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails