Thursday, March 30, 2006

Catching up

I feel like I haven’t written on here in ages about the day to day mundane life stuff. This week there hasn’t been much news on here, last week was all about Korea, the week before was Korea etc etc. So here’s an update:

  • St. Patrick’s weekend was good craic. Nice to celebrate it sans politics, but like home, very much avec alcohol. I also enjoyed knowing that I was pretty much the only true Irish person around all the impostors.
  • Worked on Saturday just passed, yet I still feel like I’m not getting done what needs to be done.
  • Had snow at the weekend. Yet last weekend I was wearing my flip flops and sunglasses. What’s the deal?! Yesterday it was gorgeous here, 19 degrees!
  • Went to Waffle House for lunch on Saturday. Imagine a small Southern greasy spoon diner and you’re there. Yet actually very nice and very cheap. Also some of the finest mullets I have ever seen on women. Seriously, Wal Mart had nothing on these.
  • Finally made it for an early walk around the lake on Sunday. Not because I made it out of my bed, more because I didn’t make it to bed in the first place. Don’t think I’ve pulled an all nighter since the legendary Park sleepovers circa 1994. Good Christian girl I am, I still went to church, and not St. Nighty Night’s Church of Bed either, proper church.
  • Still scared of the ducks round the lake. Now it’s filling up again and they are back to being on the paths. On Sunday I didn’t see two on a wall beside me. They saw me however and swooped right across my path. I screamed. I was lucky I wasn't served with an ASBO. Bally ducks. (Used this in tribute to Jools’ ‘bally dogs’).
  • Went to Greenville on Tuesday night for Engage, a young adults’ thing Jose et al go to. Very good, very funny speaker.
  • Discovered that Britney, my 17 year old ear piercer was right. You do need to clean your ears. Left ear oozing pus. Nice.
  • Realised I am slipping in little Americans here and there. Most worrying of these is my use of ‘y’all’. Oh dear. But at the same time I like it. I never say ‘yous’ (or try not to – awful grammar). Saying ‘you all’ seems like better grammar and yet also conveys the message than I’m saying ‘you plural’. I did also catch myself on to saying ‘Monday through Friday’ and ‘in town this weekend’. The small glimmer of hope I’m clinging to is that I have yet to drop the –ly on things being really good.
  • Been really enjoying listening to Christopher Moyles this week. Very funny.
  • Downloaded the new Embrace and The Kooks song. Love them. But still at the top of my play count on iTunes is a country song (Trisha Yearwood – She’s in Love With the Boy). Tina-Sue is still here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails