Friday, March 31, 2006

The parentals

The parents arrive in town today (put that in on purpose!). I’m looking forward to showing them my life and my world here. I think it’ll be nice for them to see things at the Lake that I talk about. I’m looking forward to doing a few touristy things with them and I can’t wait for them to meet the people who have been more than kind to me ever since I arrived.

But let’s not forget, while they are under my roof, they’ll abide by my rules.

[Actually I should be fair here, my parents never once said that to us growing up…we just knew to abide by their rules. Ok, so it was more rip the piss out of them til they changed them. Like the time my dad decided he didn’t like the word ‘fart’ and told us we couldn’t use it. David had the genius idea of saying ‘art’ instead. Yeah, that ‘rule’ didn’t even last a teatime.]

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails