Friday, March 24, 2006

Korea photos (actually)

Perhaps the strangest collection of photos ever compiled:


I had my very first taste of room service. They only brought me chop sticks to eat it with. But I was so hungry I didn’t want to waste time by asking for a knife and fork to be sent up, so I perservered. Why using two sticks to eat your food ever seemed like a good idea is beyond me. Some thing to cut meat with and something to spear it with is so much more sensible.


There was so strike on outside one of the hotels we’re using in July. I really wish I could have understood what was going on, they seemed a bit militant. Lots of clenched fists in the air. And it was arctic so sitting on the ground was a brave move, they’d have to be keen.


Are you kidding me?! There’s not a 7 Eleven in North Carolina but there’s tons in Seoul! No Slurpee machine though, that really would have got me mad!


I’m not entirely sure what a Chan Ba is but I know I don’t want to drink its wee.


Didn’t I break your heart? Seriously, everytime I passed one of these shops I would sing that line. [As Chris Moyles would say ‘target’!]


I was fairly brave when it came to new taste experiences. This is some kind of omelette thing with fried rice, shrimp and various indeterminable foods inside. You can also see a bowl of soup and kimchi, a Korean version of Sauerkraut only hotter and much more gross. Seriously vile stuff but served everywhere to the delight of Koreans and the abject horror of westerners.


They’re greeeeaaaaattt around the the world!


I went to the market one day. Never in my life have I seen so much sellotape. Not even in Wal-Mart.


Yummy!


I always wanted to know where ice dancers got their costumes from.


We went to a traditional Korean meal and dance night thing. These were some of the dancers. Dinner was quite good, once you picked your way through all the octopus and kimchi. The music and dancing is best summed up by Virginia’s comment during one of the pieces ‘it’s amazing what constitutes as music around the world’. No, really, it is.

Ah but sure you love them!

2 comments:

Kaz said...

hey, that first dinner looks rotten hehe, maybe some chips wud have helped to soak up all that liquid..was it tastey?

Tina said...

It actually wasn't bad. But you are right, some chips would have gone down well. It came with gerkins and some sort cold noodle/beansprout affair.

Related Posts with Thumbnails