Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Daytime TV isn’t up to much

Third day off school and I am suffering now. What I would give for a bit of Fern and Phil. If it weren’t for quality American programmes I might well have gone mad. Earlier today I watched 'Larry King Live', Oprah was on and they showed some clips from over the years, my word she had some dodgy haircuts! I honestly think she looks better now than at any other time in her past. Then I watched 'Oprah' itself. This woman was on who had been burnt alive by her husband who poured gasoline over her. Unbelievable.

After that it was time to listen to Chris Moyles. There was a story on Newsbeat about fast walkers, the fastest are in London, Belfast and Glasgow. I love Dominic Bryne, but he lied today, he said the fastest walkers were in Singapore. Lies, all lies. People here shuffle along.

Anyway, here’s a collection of photos for you, now that I have time to blog.


My new classroom display. This one will be up for a while.

The other half. I particularly like the photos on the right, although I've noticed they cause students to daydream.


The end of Chinese New Year. A sad sight, like old Chrismas trees.

The Pope was at the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

As were Storm Troopers. Not sure how they managed to get themselves invited! Who knew they were Irish?!

This man was trying to do his Tai Chi when my class, on their Geography fieldtrip, arrived at the look out post and disturbed the peace. We got dirty looks which I'm pretty sure weren't part of hid inner peace routine.

When Jud's friend was staying we got a cablecar to Sentosa.

Then we went to Raffles Hotel. A relic of auld decency and the place to go for a....

Singapore Sling. Aww, my left hand is intact.

Time for 'Ellen' now.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I know this is probably the least of your worries amongst all the pain you are in, but did you have to take your YEARS old bracelet off to get your plaster on?! Aw man!! K xo

Tina said...

I did! Nearly 7 years it was on continuously! Dear bless them though, they tried to leave it on, due to 'religious reasons' (they assumed and I kind of 'ah hummed' in agreement).

But, alas, it had to be broken at the join. I still have though and it looks like it can go on again. Although quite how I do that without burning myself I'm not sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails