Friday, May 04, 2007

Does one handed typing increase the chances of Carpal Tunnel Sydrome because I'm using that hand more or does it decrease by half?

I went back to the hospital today, actually, I lived in the hospital today. Five hours I was there, five hours.


I spent a good portion of my time walking to the various departments I needed to be in. I walked past this one. I have no clue what this even means but must be important because it needs a hotline and two pager numbers.


Green bruise aside, is it just me or does my thumb looks deformed?

Apparently I am a typical scaphoid patient, in that the ‘break’ is not obvious, and today the doctor told me that they are 60% sure that it is not broken. Yay! But as that means it’s 40% broken, I get to wear a splint.


This be it. I’ve never seen Silence of the Lambs, but this kind of moulded plastic reminds me of it.

Getting it was actually quite cool. I was sent around to the ‘Rehabilitation Centre’. I had to wait until they were back from lunch, so sat outside for about ten minutes reading a poster about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I had spent a large portion of my day waiting outside rooms, so when they did come and open up shop I thought I knew what to expect; a little room with a bed and a roll of tissue on it.


Wrong. It was a veritable school Technology department with machines, materials, and glue guns. This is the woman melting the plastic before my very eyes.

It’s nice to have the use of my fingers but amazing how much you need to bend your wrist in order to use them, like tonight I couldn’t hold a fork. At least there’s no chance of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome while this is on. In my left hand anyway.

2 comments:

MinisterMoo said...

We win the 'length of time in hospital' game this weekend though. Kathryn and Timothy had a 42 hour stint while he got started on an antibiotic course. Yay hospitals!

Should we call you 'Hanibal' from now on?

Tina said...

No way! Hope he's doing ok now?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails