Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Put your hand up if you're not here

I just spent about fifteen minutes reading other people's blogs. I started off with people I knew and linked through to other people that I had no clue about. Most people are way more deep than I am. Part of me thinks they're smarter than me, part of me thinks they're putting up a front (or at least they have different aims from their blog).

My blog is meant to be nothing other than a way for me to let my friends know what I am up to. Sometimes (although probably less and less often) I might make you laugh about something that happened to me, other times I might, just might, make you think about something. But most times I hope I at least provide you with a tinternet doss that you were looking for.

But seriously, who are you and why do you read this? Are there people I don't know reading this? I just ramble on here about nothing in particular.

So in that vein, here is the top layer of my brain arranged in no particular order:
-I went to the supermarket yesterday. I bought lizard traps for the geckos and it made me laugh about the whole different set of problems I get in my house this year compared to last. Although the geckos are not really a problem, I have guests coming to stay and I don't want them to think they're some sort of pet. Mind you, I'll get rid of the traps before they come. They might get scared if they knew!
- I also got a window cleaner (the instrument not the person) as I noticed my windows weren't the cleanest and I have guests coming. They better notice clean windows.
- I didn't eat dinner tonight. This was mostly because I ate chocolate (so as not to be too specific I shall be cryptic but it's the most geometrically interesting chocolate and the kind you tend to get in the airport). It was given to me by a parent whose child is pretty much getting bullied. I must be a great teacher, I haven't even really begun to try and help and I'm being showered with gifts! Huh! Maybe it's a bribe? Although for what I am not sure.
- I watched 'The Last King of Scotland' the other night. Fantastic film, although not a popcorn film but so many things going on in it. I talked about it today in two separate classes and am seriously thinking about some sort of History movie club in school. This might mean that I actually see 'Schlinder's List'.
- I laughed with my class about 'The Pianist', not that it's a funny film at all, but if you're 15 and still adjusting to a NI accent then what you hear when I say 'pianist' is funny. (It helps to adopt the brain of a fifteen year old.)
- I also showed some Peter Kay to my class the other day. The bit about emergency chairs. They didn't understand him but I laughed to watch it again. Thinking all this might be contributing to why we are a few weeks behind the plan. Oops, but I am educating the whole child!
- I'm waiting for Grey's Anatomy to start, that's why I'm still up.
- August 07's playlist contains:
Kings of Leon - Fans (they were in the Live Lounge an age ago doing this and it sounded unbelievable!)
Better Than Ezra - Desperately Wanting (you'd know it if you heard it)
Heaven 17 - Temptation (sang this all week because I was teaching a lesson on, yes, temptation. I didn't sing to the class because I didn't think it was target.)
- but also really like that Plain White Ts song and seem to rememeber liking Scouting for Girls when Scott was in for Chris a week or two ago but I have never knowingly heard it since so I can't be sure that was it.
- really need to back up my computer as I think it is now only a matter of time before it pops it.

1 comment:

MinisterMoo said...

It seems your other blog stalkers have decided not to comment, but I shall - yes, I am a dedicated Princess follower!

You're on my iGoogle so every new post appears when I start up the internet. It's good to hear from you and you have a grand way of describing life! I shall endeavour to blog more often so you can at least read more musings...

Related Posts with Thumbnails