Monday, February 16, 2009

A shower? Luxury!

I was just reflecting on my teenage years when we didn't have a shower. No, not because I am that old and the technology didn't exist but because our bathroom was shockingly awful. I spent most of my teenage years washing my hair over the bath or in the sink. I know! Like a weekend at Autumn Soul, except longer.

I was showering after a particularly poor performance at the gym today. Karen Next Door (training for the marathon don't you know!) would be ashamed of me. I mean, sure I might have run more than her today but as she is out injured that's not hard. It was a poor, poor effort on the treadmill. As Paula Radcliffe once said, 'I just didn't have it in my legs', the only difference being mine came after like 5 minutes.

In other news, half term has been and gone. I was just getting into the swing of it when we had to go back to school. Boo.  But I did get to do some nice things, including making Jamie's Cracking Burgers.


Take my word for it, it looked much better in real life. This looks a bit like fake meat substitute that vegetarians eat.

This was definitely the easiest thing I've made thus far so I think I shall be repeating it and definitely before barbeque season kicks in. Although I think it's fair to say that I will never be one of those people that says 'I like to cook, it relaxes me'. I find nothing, nothing relaxing about cooking.

I also got to see little John. Sadly though my plan to make Jamie's Chicken Hotpot was replaced by seeing my two nephews as it was Josh's Dedication Service too. It's like that advert, 'Daddy or chips?' 'Jamie's Chicken Hotpot or little baby nephews?' Sure, maybe not as catchy but an easier call to make than that rambling little girl had to make.

John all geared up for the game! This isn't the photo I wanted to post, but in the other one David looks (and I stress looks) like he's picking his nose. If I were to post it here there's a chance he might suspend my visitation rights. A chance I just can't take.

It was hard to know which John was more excited about, seeing Cool Aunt Tina again or watching his first full game of rugger. I want to say the first, but that O'Driscoll intercept quite literally had him poo his nappy with excitement

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails