Friday, May 26, 2006

Hands up who knew Cleopatra was actually from Macedonia. Nope, me neither!

It’s the weekend! Yay! And what’s better it’s a long weekend. Monday is Memorial Day and so we’re off Monday. I’m looking forward to the day off but I kind of think I could spend it better. Maggie has gone to Iowa to visit her brother, and Jose is away so a trip to Greenville is also out.

But I won’t be alone this weekend. Oh no! Maggie’s trip to Iowa (or I-owe-a as she calls it. I don’t know why people saying place names wrong makes me laugh so much, but it really does. Like my dad saying Chicargo and Mitchigan. Or Art and Betty saying War-wick-shyer. Or people saying Ar-kansas. I’m sure I’ve had my fair share of wrong pronunciation of place names but it’s still funny) has meant that I am fish sitting.

Maggie got the fish as a present from a friend who stayed with her a few weeks ago. Thankfully it’s only from Wal Mart so if it should die whilst in my care I don’t have to go far to get a replacement, like having to go to some tropical pet shop to look for some obscure breed of fish. A gold fish from Wal Mart shouldn’t be too hard. Hopefully.


Cleopatra the fish and my guest for the weekend. I hoovered last night before her arrival. She didn’t even notice.

I watched ‘So You Think You Can Dance?’ which may or may not be like that dance thing with Graham Norton at home. Here it’s only presented by Cat Deeley!! It was like seeing a long lost relative last night when I saw her on my TV screen. Also on it, making a return to judging is Nigel Lythgoe from Popstars. I’m less excited about seeing him to be fair. Also if it’s not already over, watch American Idol. Now that’s a finale show and a half! My goodness, there was no stop left anywhere near the show! Notice how long Ryan Seacrest holds back announcing the winner. Kate Thornton and Ant and Dec have a lot to teach him. It was barely even five seconds. They probably needed to save time for all the adverts.

3 comments:

pamelaalgie said...

but i say I - owe - a how are you meant to say it????!!!!

Kaz said...

Tina....
yer missin celeb X Factor, did u know Chris moyles is on...he's not bad..but he's lovely, comes across nice..
cant believe u're missin' it!!
kaz

Tina said...

Jools, I am no fish killer! I actually quite enjoyed looking after her. Although she wasn't big into doing much. Just swimming really.

Pam, I think you say it more with a 'wa' on the end. It's hard to type how you say it, and so I'll hold off laughing at you until I hear you say it!

I heard that Karen, I listen again everyday. I'm a bit gutted I'm missing it! Hey ho, what are you going to do!

Related Posts with Thumbnails