Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Reasons for the pain

No special reason for there being no blog yesterday. I’m sure you’re over it though.

It’s odd because I actually have two exciting tales to tell of the weekend.

Tale 1
On Saturday Megann and I went fake sky diving! Very cool! I found out about this place down the road that has a vertical wind tunnel and me being Tina Adventure I signed Megann and I up for it.



Megann flying high.

It was so much fun! We were both a bit scared before going, I can’t imagine the nerves before doing a real sky dive. The guy who was teaching us what to do was hilarious, he was exactly like the turtle from ‘Finding Nemo’, a real surfer dude type.

Maggie had asked us about how you breathe when you do it. Don't worry, it's not a problem. Drooling though? Drooling was a big problem for us. I think in the excitement we both forgot to swallow. Nice.

Tale 2
One of my early goals since arriving here has been accomplished! We went to Dollywood! Actually we went to
Dollywood’s Splash Country, the waterpark bit of it. It was great! We laughed the entire day. Should you ever find yourself in the Eastern Tennessee/Western North Carolina area, a visit to Dollywood is essential.


Me adopting a Dolly pose. Talk as you like, I like her.



Fun in the wave pool.

There are about twenty different water slides in the park. I did them all! I made myself do a hero run from this one.


That’s me hurtling down. This is the newest slide to the park. It took me a good few minutes to pluck up the courage to go down. Seriously, this slide is steep.

When I was at the top I asked the life guard guy was there any chance of falling out of the slide (probably a stupid question, but you try going to the top and not having that thought running through your mind). He told me that no one had fallen out of it yet, but they’d only be open two days. Not the reassurance I sought to be honest. Anyway after a bit of minor swearing off I went. It only lasted a few seconds, actually I think it took me longer to unpick the wedgie.

So that's the reasons for the pain on Monday and Tuesday. And if I'm honest, today too.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm free this weekend if you want to come over?

Related Posts with Thumbnails