Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What's the point in that?

Remember those adverts for somethingorother that you used to get in the cinema? You know the ones where there was some sort of magician on the street who made somewhat drunk people spellbound by getting their card to be on the inside of the car window. They were pretty cool. Well, wasn't that David Blaine who did them?

I think he should have stuck to fooling people on the streets. I mean seriously what was the deal with him and that fish bowl 'trick' he did. Why would you do that? Why? And let's not forget the standing on the tower thing, the buried alive thing, the ice thing and my personal favourite the perspex box in London.

On Monday night I could have watched him attempt to hold his breath for nine minutes in order to break the world record. This was after he spent the week under water in the fish bowl. Oh and incase that might be too easy, or we might not be suitable impressed he was first of all going to have to escape from chains.

I turned off and went to bed instead. But on Tuesday morning I read that he had failed in his attempt and was rescued after seven minutes. Maybe if he hadn't had the chains and spent the run up underwater he might have done it. Ha! That's what you get for trying to show off!

I was reading what people on the 'Have your say' bit of the BBC Website said. Some made me laugh, including this one:

'I think David Blaine is an incredible person who inspires all of us by continually pushing the boundaries of human willpower. All of his stunts demand much mental fortitude, focus, and determination. And while I do not plan to attempt such grand feats, I have been motivated to look at my own life and ask what I could accomplish if I just push myself half as much as he does. David Blaine is definitely our modern day Houdini and he is a great entertainer, magician, and human being!'



Oh please. I can't be the only one to think the man is a looper!

2 comments:

Kaz said...

david blaine is a foooooool, and gives a really bad interview, he has no personality...bet hes a blast at parties...
ps did u get that rash cleared up ;-)

Tina said...

That's why we're friends Kari!

Yeah Karen, that cream you suggested worked a treat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails