Monday, November 06, 2006

A clever plan to cut road traffic accidents and CO2 emissions from planes

I like to think I am a reasonably smart person. I have decent GCSEs and A Levels, a good degree and a postgrad. And not a postgrad in just anything, the powers that be have decreed from above that I am in fact smart enough to teach others.

So why has it taken me all evening to fill out two forms, two forms?

The designs aren’t user friendly, they aren’t even user unfriendly, they are user-is-the-enemy-and-I-must-destroy-any-small-chance-of-comprehension-at-every-turn.

Maybe it’s just the two forms I have (DVLNI and Passport Service, I’m getting my must-do things done). For a start, there’s the bumpf they give you. Each form came with about four different inserts. Each bit I had to fill in directed me to a different numbered paragraph from the inserts (except in the passport one, where there are no bloody numbers). Neither could the websites they helpfully directed me to answer my questions (and I refuse to believe I have a one of kind problem). And to add insult to injury, they couldn't easily tell me how much the respective ID would cost.


So my question is how does a person, like jeans girl from Juction One, without GCSEs get on with these things? Do they just not drive or leave the country?

Excuse me, I have to go now and lie in a darkened room with a cold flannel to my head and a stiff drink in my hand.

2 comments:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

for what it's worth i did not notice that your jeans were overly high! :D however they were good round the posterior!

Related Posts with Thumbnails