Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gingerbread houses plus one

Seriously I cannot believe it has been a year since I saw all those gingerbread houses. How quickly has the year gone?! I often find myself harking back to good times and now I always seem to look at the clock and wonder what everyone is doing in America. I kind of know what everyone was doing today…parade, turkey, football. There are worse ways to spend a day I suppose.

I on the other hand went to work on a piss poor day when the heating broke. I didn’t think I could reasonably argue that Thanksgiving was now a part of my culture and I should get it off. Maybe if I had known it would be so cold I would have made an attempt.

It’s a good holiday though, there’s no presents, no expectations. It’s just a traditional family time. This year I celebrated by speaking to my American families which is what it’s all about.

It’s also a day when I’ve remembered the fragility of life so today I’m thankful for mine and my family's.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails