Thursday, November 16, 2006

The past while

I haven’t written an update of my life of late. So here goes:

-was off on Tuesday because I worked on Saturday (see next point). I went to Junction 1 with mother to return the jeans that were too high. Except when I got there I decided to keep them. I then spent money buying a skirt and jacket from Next. The plan to save money continues to go well out the window.

-was at Soulmates Challenge on Saturday and a good day was had by all. Bouncy obstacle courses are a hit with children and adults alike. Pam and I had go. I won, yay me.

-The travelling Team On Mission (TOM) were back in the office this week after a long absence. It was good to see them. Even if they disresected church property.
We have a whiteboard where everyone writes up their meetings etc. After much moaning the two teams (Travelling and 24-7 Prayer) got added to write up their plans. However, they greeted this generous act, something that no other TOM has had, with contempt. For instance, instead of Nicky being ‘in’ on Monday to Friday he was ‘in labour’. (The happy day comes on Saturday when he gives birth to an elephant.) I, on the other hand, am apparently ‘in continent’ on Monday and ‘indescribable’ on Friday. (A much better way to end the week I think.) We couldn’t help but notice that they didn’t mess with Gillian’s or David’s space. It’s only November and they’ve already learnt what you can’t and can’t do. These guys will go far.

-Scott Mills nearly had me crying coming home from work with his Random Acts of Kindness. I didn’t even hear the emotional bit when they told her story (think her mum died of cancer). I just needed to hear her cry at the excitement of meeting the Sugababes. Bloody hormones.

-Watched a bit of ‘I’m a Celeb…’ tonight, the funniest TV since I got home. Dean Gaffney has gone up in my estimation. He’s well ‘ard (see what I did there?!). I also watched ‘UK Music Hall of Fame’. Joss Stone has spent way too much time in USA. Come home Joss and get rid of that accent.

-Read the funniest story today and if I get permission from the author (or indeed her brother) I will share it tomorrow. Fair enough, that’s not so interesting for you right now, but tomorrow you may be thanking me. I can feel the excitement from here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails