Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday evening

I feel like I have neglected my blog in the last few days. Here are the highlights of the past few days:

-Went to Pizza Hut and the cinema on Wednesday with the girls. Pizza Hut service was seriously bad. I hate bad service. 'Step Up' was seriously predictable but passable enough.

-Got my eyes tested and picked out new glasses. I’ve had my current ones since I was on Team on Mission. Long enough to warrant a new pair I think, although I was encouraged to hear my eyesight is no worse. And I can read the bottom line (although fair enough, with glasses on, but still!)

-Thursday was YF Social Evening to Dundonald. I’m no brilliant bowler but Thursday was particularly disasterous. I swear the lane wasn’t made level.

-On Friday Ruth and I went to Junction One. Another successful trip there with her. I got a skirt, woolly hat, scarf and gloves (the hat was worn straight away so arctic it was) and a pair of jeans that according to the girl ‘actually looked good on me’! The cheek. She didn’t even get her rudeness when I repeated ‘actually?’ to her. I bet she had no GCSEs. Since getting the jeans home, I can’t decide if I like them or not, they are a bit high I think. Not to Simon Cowell proportions or anything but definitely higher that is usual I think. My mum says you wouldn’t notice but still. So I might be going back to Junction One to return them soon. I had a fear that the skirt would make my child bearing hips appear even bigger, but was encouraged to discover it did not.

-Last night my PGCE class had a get together. It was another good night, reminiscing and hearing new teaching nightmares. Marie was chief organiser, which is a hard job. However she made it even harder on herself however by forgetting to book the table at the restaurant where we were to go. Oops.


Team PGCE, well some of us. Nobody is quite sure why we are such a close group, even now. Gavin, our tutor says there hasn't been a class like us since. Many a laugh last night, mostly from Geraldine. She told us of how she was burgled on Friday. The story was funny, because they took nothing. They even turned up their noses at her jewellery. It was made even more hilarious by her telling us the police came out in helicopters (she lives in real bandit country) five times before coming inside to investigate seven hours after the crime was reported. I swear the woman should have a docusoap made on her life. It would be hilarious.

This week I absolutely have to sort out my lost driving licence and renew my passport. Plus my new glasses will be coming in. I’m excited, even if it means a severe dent to the purse. Oh and Lynsey is making Julie and me dinner on Tuesday. Good luck everybody.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails