Thursday, April 20, 2006

A little bit of effort

Here’s a bit of an update on my life at present:

- I had a lovely day off on Friday, got lots done including getting my brake light replaced. I went to Advanced Autoparts where I met Scott, a Focus freak who was more than happy to fix it for me.


- I woke up on Saturday morning to Third Day ‘I’ve Always Loved You’ on the radio. It’s been in my head ever since. This was more than slightly annoying as I didn’t know the words. Therefore it became my latest purchase offof iTunes. Also got DC Talk ‘In the Light’ (am I the last Christian in the world to fully see the genius of Third Day and DC Talk?!) and Casting Crowns ‘Praise You in the Storm’. But what a big stinking Christian I am!

- I was in Greenville for Easter weekend. Had a good time, as always. But probably set the record for my latest ever wake up on Easter Sunday. Dawn services (or sunrise services as they are called here) aren’t that big a deal apparently, although having said that, there was one at the big cross at the lake, but obviously missed it.

- I spent Easter Sunday afternoon with the other orphans, Jose and Lindy. With no family around to be with, we went to the park and then had pina coladas in the sun.

- I largely wasted Monday’s day off. Didn’t do anything I’d planned except eat the crème eggs the parents had brought me.

- I have decided that I am perhaps the only person in the world who could care less about the Da Vinci Code coming out.

- I am delighted at the return of Chris Moyles and I loved Richard Ashcroft’s impromptu set yesterday. If you didn’t hear it, you should listen again.

- Temperatures are continuing to be in the twenties. But are now frequently accompanied by thunder and lightning. How continental.

- Work continues to be busy which is there has been a lack of effort with my blogs. Also why you are probably still waiting on an email from me. Ah sure I’ll be home soon enough, you can see me then! Which reminds me, I am taking bookings! Email me to schedule your appointment!

And finally
- I came down this morning to discover one of my glue traps had moved clear across the kitchen. It had been under the fridge and so was a bit dist covered and therefore not in prime stickiness mode. Hence the mouse/creature was able to get out. I purchased more glue traps at lunchtime. I shall await to see their effectiveness when I return home. Apparently they only come inside when it’s cold or rainy. I find this of little comfort. I am now back to any little noise or something touching my feet or ankles making me jump. I will be the only 25 year old to die of a stress induced heart attack if this continues.

1 comment:

pamelaalgie said...

tina thankyou for our post! we opened it together - there was no row. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails