Thursday, April 13, 2006

Maundy Thursday

And I missed out on the little purse of money again. Although I suppose being in the country might help. Well that, and being an OAP.

So last night I went for a run around the lake. It’s been a while since I went the full way round and while it wasn’t as tragic as when I started the whole sorry affair, neither was it pretty. Then I worked it out. The last time I did it, I didn’t have my earrings weighing me down. And under instruction from Britney I cannot take out my earrings for another six and a half months. So I guess I’ll just have to get used to the extra weight. Maybe that was Paula’s problem in Athens, had she just got her ears pierced too?

But I was reminded that you should never think you’ve made it, because unless you keep it up, you’ll lose it.

In other news, I went to church last night. It was a thing called ‘The Living Last Supper’ where the Last Supper was dramatised with men from the church. They did it very well. And it was nice to see a drama in church that the cast did not rely solely (or at all) on members of the youth group.

Then, fresh from our reminder of what Easter is all about, Maggie and I went shopping. I’m not sure the Disciples did this after the actual Last Supper, late night opening probably wasn’t around in olden times. I got a bargainous pair of boots in the sale for $9, yes nine, as in seven, eight, nine dollars. $9 was too good to worry about the fact it’s 25 degrees outside and I don’t really need them now.

I’m off now for Good Friday and Easter Monday. Yay! Have a good Easter and try to see past all the Crème Eggs, same old Bank Holiday films and cutesy little bunnies to remember what it’s all about.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails