Tuesday, June 06, 2006

CHW spin off? (Think Frasier, not Joey)

Helen, I know you are a fan of my blog (not big headed, you said as much when I saw you in May). So I have decided that we should combine forces. The Seventh Day Adventists being here last week got me thinking what a Lake Junaluska Holiday Week might look like. No honestly, hear me out.

There are many advantages to be had with a LJHW:

- Americans love Irish people. Half the country have (tenuous) ‘Irish roots’. The other half think they have Irish roots because they once had a Guinness. We can play up our Irishness to our advantage. Sure I’ve been doing it for months.

- The weather. People even plan their weddings outside they are that confident of good weather here.

- The lake has a road that goes right around it, making it easier to find young people late at night.

- The locals shouldn’t cause any trouble whatsoever, mostly to do with the majority of them being retired ministers. The only trouble I can foresee is them talking us to death with their three points (of the sermon variety, they don’t have horns or anything).

Ok, four advantages so far, but I’ll go into more detail in the coming days. This post is only the beginning. I’ll leave you now to consider how you might broach the subject with the main committee. I think if you can get it to sound like it was their idea then we’ll be well on our way. Obviously we’re too late to get something sorted for 2006, but if we get moving LJHW ’07 is a distinct possibility.

2 comments:

Tina said...

You would not believe the research I have done on this! Watch this space!

pamelaalgie said...

are you gonna want someone to look after the kids at LJHW ? I'll come.

Related Posts with Thumbnails