Saturday, June 17, 2006

Is today Saturday?

Crazyness! A Saturday post! Has the world gone mad?! I just thought I'd take the opportunity to write a wee update.

-Had probably the most stressful week so far. It all kicked off on Wednesday and it was one of those times when you don't know what to do first. But yadda yadda yadda, boring for you to hear.
-Maggie and I went to the Lake, yes I am aware we live at the lake but this was a different lake with a beach. Very nice, very hot. It actually made me miss camp. Oh to spend a summer swimming in a lake. Well, miss it except for the mosquitoes.
-Which reminds, the bites have healed. Must try harder to avoid more bites. They ruin the tan.
-Doing surprisingly well in the Fantasy team league, although I had to change my team a bit after the first games. I have managed to stick with Ruth (a major success, she is a true footballing knowledge) and am kicking Nicky's butt (not Nicky Butt...he's not playing...never mind).
-Made June's playlist and realised just how country I have become. Let me give you the tracklist so you can agree:

Standing Outside the Fire - Garth Brooks (classic!)
What Hurts the Most - Rascal Flatts
Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
Life is Highway - Rascal Flatts (from the new Pixar film 'Cars', very good, aren't they all)
Breathe - Faith Hill

I think Rascal Flatts are my favourite country group. However, I find the fact that I have a favourite country group slighty disturbing.

But providing me with a small glimmer of hope that things are not all that bad, also making an appearance on the playlist are:

Never Went to Church - The Streets (see my previous appreciation for The Streets)
Rooftops - Lostprophets (you can't help but sing this at the top of your voice)
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (amazing song)
Three Lions - Baddiel & Skinner and the Lightning Seeds (well you've got to, the World Cup is on!)

Only three weeks to til I leave for the conference now. Time is a-ticking.

2 comments:

Kaz said...

hey tina..
how goes it?
i loooove bless the broken road..classic, it shall be by wedding song hehe!
kaz

Tina said...

It's scary how many of the same songs we like...well except for Justin!

Related Posts with Thumbnails