Thursday, June 08, 2006

LJHW essentials

No blog yesterday. That was in respect for the dead. Sadly Cleopatra passed away on Tuesday night. She had an all too brief life and yet was able to travel widely (all the way to my house). I’m sure the four days we spent together were some of the happiest of her life, they were mine. Please don’t send flowers, if you feel like honouring her memory you might consider giving to your favourite fish charity (Oxfish, Fish Concern, Christian Fish, Save the Fish, Fish Relief, RSPF, Guide Fish for the Blind).

But back to the matter in hand and the proposed LJHW. I decided the best way to drum up support from everyone was if you were to see the place for yourself, but as much as I want you and the committee to fly over here for a recce Helen, I know it’s just not going to happen. So I did the next best thing I could - I took a few photos instead. Today’s batch are the LJHW essentials.



The George R. Stuart Auditorium, the proposed site for main worship.


Inside the auditorium, a sizeable venue. Although I noticed that there were no fly killers hanging from the ceiling but I'm sure we could arrange something. They always provide a nice distraction, especially for those fools who sit below them.


A class system is still available, with a small minority able to stay at the ‘high quality’ Lambuth.


There’ll be no need to pitch a small tent beside a caravan. The kids could have their own wing in one of these.


Betty's registration tent. I'm sure she would feel right at home here.


The Sunset CafĂ©, handily located beside the Stuart Auditorium. I'm not sure they serve Morelli’s though.


I'm sure the Americans would put something up in Irish for us, you know because we all speak it so fluently.


Ample free parking for all the SUVs we’ll rent. Maurice won't have to make those annoying announcements about driving up the hill and we don’t have to feign injury or illness, pretend to transport something large and awkward or to be staying in the castle to drive up. Everyone’s a winner!


Of course there would still plenty of opportunity to contemplate by the lake.

Tomorrow I'll move on to potential activities.

2 comments:

MinisterMoo said...

It's all so lovely! Only problem is flights cost about £500 per person...

Tina said...

Yeah Ross! What's with that?! Where's your faith?! You want to take a leaf out of Kari's book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails