Thursday, October 05, 2006

Blogger Beta Appeal

So last night I signed up to Blogger Beta and on the whole I am quite pleased. The layout works well and you don't need to know HTML (or in my case guess at HTML) to modify your template. You'll also notice the wonderful new labels and archiving system and you can change the heading fonts and colours easily. Publishing happens more quickly and you can see how many comments have been made to each post on your edit post list page. The only slight minus I came across (until now) is you have to work on your template if you have links, clocks and weather ladies.

There is a bigger downfall in the plan for me now. With Blogger being part of the Google empire it would have made me sign up for a Google account. Perhaps all Greek to you I appeciate, but basically because I already had a Gmail account, that is now what I sign in under, not my old Blogger ID.

And here lies the snag. Blogger Beta and Old Blogger are not compatable and now I am unable to make comments on others' blogs if they aren't on Blogger Beta. Neither can I sign in under my old Blogger ID.

So in the long term, if you have a (Blogger) blog that I comment on from time to time, sign up to Blogger Beta and then you can still value from my witty comments and pearls of wisdom.

In the short term, Rosstopher I want to see your holiday photies!

Thank you.

PS fully marks to Blogger for this ingenious idea of getting more people to sign up to the new version. Manipulative gits.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails