Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's harder to regain your accent when you can't speak

I've lost my voice. I got the cold last week and now I've lost my voice. This is providing much amusement to the parents. I'm glad I travelled all the way round the world so they could make fun of me!

So right now I am lying on the sofa in my parents' house watching TV. There are two important points to note there.

1. I called it my parents house implying that I am not staying here long. I love them, they love me but still.

2. My parents got Sky+. For years my Dad said he would never ever pay anything more than the TV licence for TV (I only wanted it for Neighbours reruns on UK Gold to be honest. Probably not reason enough) but somehow they were convinced.  It's a good job, the 'head will not be able to get Freeview until they switch off the analogue signals. Excitingly I had my first press of the 'red button' during the rugby yesterday. V. exciting.

Anyway, tonight is the Super Bowl. It's the New England Patriots against the New York Giants and even though I have no connection with New England whatsoever and I was just in New York, I'm pulling for New England. They are 18-0 and while going undefeated in the season has been done before, winning the Super Bowl on top of that has not. 

[At this point you should imagine a lovely picture of the Empire State Building all lit up in blue for the New York Giants. Blogger is being stupid and I can't upload it. Grrr.]

1 comment:

Kaz said...

what is it with being away, and when you get home sickness hits!
I feel like poo today as well.. I want my mummy lol.. chicken soup for dinner me thinks.. ahh i can't be that sick if i'm thinkin' of food!

Related Posts with Thumbnails