Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I used to be good at Maths

Well ok, maybe not good, but certainly above average. Along with my double A in Science I got an A in Maths and a coughCsplutter in Add. Maths (it’s still a pass!). I even did Maths A Level for about a month until I realised I didn’t care what x was anymore (I chose the far more worthy subject of History. What a sound decision that turned out to be!). The numbers is my favourite part of Countdown. I really like it when you can do it before the timer even starts. I was always better at Maths than English (I have only recently, as in the last few years, got to grips with grammar). In P4 my favourite times tables were 7 (I had a favourite times tables!). They just seemed to come naturally to me, 7, 14, 21…. I don't know why.

But yesterday I realised my brain has frozen over in the Maths department. Yesterday I couldn’t multiply 20 by 200. And then worst of all, I couldn’t work out what time it was here when it was 2.00am in NI. Since I’ve been out here I am always adding five hours. Maybe that was my problem? This was subtraction. I spent most of the day thinking it was 10.00pm and just in the nick of time I realised it was 9.00pm. Oh ya ho!

The reason why I needed to know what time it was here was because I was praying as part of 24/7 prayer. The good people at DYCW have set up a prayer room and asked people to sign up for an hour of prayer. And despite my distance I could sign up too. Yay!

So last night from 9.00pm to 10.00pm I was praying. It says on the website that some people say an hour feels like 10 minutes. I wouldn’t maybe go that far, but it definitely did not feel like an hour. But then I didn’t have all the cool stuff to help you like in Aldersgate. Instead I went to (the most obvious place at the Lake) the big lit up cross. It was amazing! Tonight I’ve got another hour, and I think I will get a bit more creative. Well I have got my mother’s creative mind! I’m sure the mighty Wal-Mart will be able to help me out.

You should strongly consider signing up. You can do it
here.


I think it would feel like 10 minutes with all this stuff! Well done Jud et al.

2 comments:

MinisterMoo said...

It is indeed a very lovely prayer space. Say hello to big lit up cross for us!

judsweeney said...

its not a bad wee place was in there on tues for an hour felt like 15 mintues brill
any word on korea what i said in email? ive to book flights this week

Related Posts with Thumbnails