Friday, January 06, 2006

A pictorial view of my journey


The queue at City airport to check-in. This was the most ridiculous thing ever and it came far too early in the morning. Dad dropped me off at the airport, yes dropped me off, there was no emotional farewell at security. Misses me my foot! He couldn’t wait to get shot of me. Anyway, eventually I made through check-in. There were a few nervous moments when they phoned to check the luggage allowance on Delta. Thankfully I was safe, in fact I could have had a good 20kg more! So yo!


These water fountains still impress me. This was taken as I made my last phonecalls in Gatwick. When I was on the phone to the parents a little boy came wandering over, crying his eyes out. It was horrible to watch, so the caring person that I am went over to him and tried to help him. Just with that his mum came over and my job was done! I hate people crying. People crying make me cry. Especially cute little boys lost in airports.


I have never seen so many military personnel in all my life, well at least not since we went to that shopping centre right beside the Pentagon. I sadly missed the most brilliant photo of all when there were about 200 army people boarding a plane to Shannon. But this photo shows the ATM that wouldn’t let me take money out. Fair enough it took me 3 goes to get the PIN right but still! This unfortunately had the knock on effect of me not eating for 24 hours.


So with no money to buy any food I resulted to scavenging through my bags to see what I could find. I decided it wasn’t a desperate enough situation to break open the Thai Sweet Chilli crisps, the Creme Eggs, or the Digestive biscuits (for fifteens) but I felt like I’d won the lottery when I discovered a drum stick (sadly the sweets not a big old chicken leg) and two chewy sweets in one compartment. Lynsey actually gave me them the last time I left. But it seems age matures them, much like good cheese or fine wine. They were lovely but that could have been tiredness and hunger fooling me.


This boy ate his Burger King right infront of me. I did not like him for this.


I hoped they were on their way to Honolulu. That’s the only reason that comes close to being good enough to wearing those shirts.

You feel like you were travelling with me, don’t you?

1 comment:

Kaz said...

well well wot a journey eh chick?
great idea i did feel like i was right there hehe..
anyway glad u arrived safe and sound, and hope yer back into the swing of things again!
kaz x

Related Posts with Thumbnails