Monday, January 30, 2006

No probably about it

This weekend I definitely:

-went to the mall. I bought a towel, I am so homely. Or old.
-did not get a cold, Friday was a freak it would appear.
-slept in. 11.00am. Anything other than a time in double numbers is too early for a Saturday.
-spoke to Lynsey on the phone. Good times.
-hit a squirrel. Oops.
-got photos developed and bought frames ready to hang up. More drill fun for me!
-went to dinner and the cinema with Maggie and her Macedonian friend. European fun! Oh that sounds dodgy doesn’t it?!
-went to church and Sunday School which despite what it sounds like is for adults.
-went for a run. No excuses with the magical disappearing cold. Arse.
-celebrated at Reese Witherspoon’s win at the Screen Actors Guild Awards. Bring on the Oscars! Walk the Line comes out this week at home, see it! If for no other reason than to see what I’m talking about.

But the most exciting thing about the weekend came on Saturday lunchtime. I got mail! My post, for reasons best known, doesn’t get delivered to my house. I have to go to a wee box thing a few streets away. It’s pretty small, what am I talking about? You’ve seen it! But here’s where it gets really stupid. The USPS (American Royal Mail) doesn’t deliver letters to my house, but parcels are ok to be delivered to the house! Huh? What sort of crazy system is that? Well anyway, on Saturday lunchtime I heard someone on the porch, I just thought it was David Next Door, although the stomping wasn’t to his usual high standard. Anyway I thought no more about it til I was going to leave for Wal-Mart and the Lynsey call. As I was locking my front door I saw two packages. I actually prayed that they would be for me, or at least one of them. There was a chance that they could have been for David. As I ran (yes, I actually ran to them!) I saw that they were both for me! I cannot tell you how excited I was. Well seeing as I am writing about it in such detail you can probably guess. I rushed back into the house to open them. I could not wait! It was a good job Lynsey had postponed our phonecall due the television event that is Celebrity Come Ice Dancing (?)!! I’m trying not dwell on the fact that I, one of Lynsey’s closest friends who happens to be 4000 miles away who she hasn’t seen or talked to in a month was pushed back in favour of TV show. It wasn’t even the final! Mind you she would have been pushed back in favour of opening mail!

Anyway, hurray for Kari and Jud who sent me, independenly I might add, great great parcels before Thursday’s request for any mail whatsoever. Do not fear, you do not need to try to beat these great parcels! Any mail will do (reminds me of a song)!



The aforementioned parcels (the notebook and Bible were not included – merely being used to hide my address from would-be stalkers/freaks/killers that would chance upon this picture on the world wide web) If points were being awarded Kari would get bonus points for it being a brown paper package tied up with string (another song!)


Although Jud would get bonus points for providing me with reading material. Everything was wrapped in a page from Heat! I completed the Crossword for you Jud. 27 across was Cabaret in case you’re interested!


Jud’s parcel contained the following – Chip Shop Curry x2, Hot Chocolate x4, strawberry laces, a drumstick (supersize), Curly Wurly, Dairy Milk (hewge), fajitas mix, Mini Creme Eggs, Cheese and Broccoli Pasta ‘n’ Sauce, apple laces, Butterscotch Delight (my favourite flavour! How did you know?! I'm quite sure we've never had a conversation about it!) Strawberry Millions and Love Hearts Dip.


A whole box of tastiness from Kari.


Laid out for all to see. It included Beef flavoured Hula Hoops x2, Haribo Starmix, Bikers x2, Maoam, Space Raiders x2, Sherbet Dip Dab, Flumps x2, Rollers x2, strawberry laces, Skips x2, Rainbow Drops x2, Lip stick looky-likey sweet x2, and a Double lolly.

So thank you thank you thank you! You are the bestest friends a girl could ever ask for. You knew what I wanted post before I had even asked for it! You spent time researching what I liked (well ok you read the blurb at the top right) and spent good time and money sending me it all out!


I spent the rest of the weekend trying to ration it out. I think I did quite well considering, all that’s gone so far is a Flump, 2 Mini Creme Eggs, a packet of Rollers and a lipstick looky-likey sweet. This was mostly because I put it all in Kari’s box and then on top of the fridge. Out of sight, out of mind!

I will set to compiling your return parcels!

You too could get this sort of treatment if you send me a postcard/letter/something exciting!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails