Sunday, February 04, 2007

Chez Tina

Now that my Ikea furniture arrived, I thought it was time I showed you my apartment.


This is it! It’s the ground floor apartment. My living room has a lovely view of that tree trunk. The glass is tinted, that’s why it’s black but that shouldn’t fool people in to thinking they cannot be seen when the lights are on as yesterday I had the misfortune to see what looked like a girl waxing her boyfriend's chest.

Master bedroom


Note the peach curtains. Lucky me, they are a theme throughout the apartment. You can just see the bookshelf, that’s Expedit. (I have taken to calling my Ikea things by their Ikea name. Also in shot is Ethel Blad, my duvet cover and Final, the reading light.

Master Bathroom

I believe the real estate word for it would be compact. Just out of shot is the bath and shower. I don’t use them at the minute, as the shower head doesn’t go high enough for me.

Guest bedroom
Interested parties should email me. (You may need to click the photo.)

Guest Bathroom

This is the shower I do use. Isn’t it nice to have options?

Kitchen

Again, notice the peach curtains. They’ve gone for a student hall of residence kitchen theme here. Lots of grey and ingrain dirt but really, how much time am I likely to spend in here?

Utility area

I have a little balcony area which serves as my utility room with washing machine and dryer and garbage shoot. I don’t know why that excites me so much, but it does.

Living room
The peach curtains beautifully frame the massive tree trunk. Ignore the wires going across the floor, I'm getting wireless, it just hasn’t arrived yet. You can just see Uplighter Not from Ikea. Not shown are my cushions, Fenja Rand and Grönö the table light. TV is provided was included with the apartment, cable and internet by Starhub.
Flärke the Bookshelf and Alleby the Snake

I was in serious need of surface space for books and Flärke was the cheapest Ikea make. I was in much less need for the snake. They were on offer and everyone, no seriously everyone was buying them, apart from me so I was given this as a house warming gift. I think I might use it a bit like a draught excluder only for geckos that invade the kitchen at night.
Dining Room

A green farmhouse tiled table and peach curtains have been teamed together to provide a dining and study area.

The Facilities:

Tennis courts

Swimming pool

Water feature, pond and fish

(not shown is the little gym and squash court.) I think I will be most successful at lying by the pool but the thought of possibility of actually playing tennis is always there.

This is my post box. It's empty. I think you should send me mail.
So there you go, home sweet home. I've definitely lived in worse places.

4 comments:

Kaz said...

lookin' good chica, nice wee set up u've got there. Who took all the pics, or was are they carefully organised timer shots, with u pretending to do things lol.
well done tho lovin' it!
here check out my bebo til ya see the crazy shot i took this weekend of Neil hehe
hava goos week
kaz x

Kaz said...

excuse the typo's i got to bed at 4am this mornin' hehe

Unknown said...

Hey Tina - Your wee home is looking really lovely! I love Ikea - I'm excited already that they have started building work on the Belfast one!! Yay!! Any craic? K xo

Tina said...

Timer photos! With my camera cleverly placed on the ironing board!

No craic Kari! You make me laugh, you should be full of news being as it's the biggest week of your life!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails