Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Odd

I went to the gym last night for the first time at my condo. It was nice to see some familiar machines, actually the rower was exactly the same as the UUJ but some things were just odd.

1. I had the place to myself.
2. I was able to run nearly ten minutes on the treadmill off the bat, no previous training and a good four months since last I ran. Fair enough, y’all can run for longer than me, but I was a three minute runner before, remember? Must be the lake.
3. The cross trainer nearly killed me. As soon as I got on I wanted to get off. I normally love the cross trainer.
4. The stepper is a manual thing which pneumatic valves and not very comfortable to use. I predict that will be the end of that love affair too.

Most odd of all was that the predicted pain for today never appeared, and let’s not forget my classroom is on the fourth floor and there’s a lot of stairs to climb to get there. This has encouraged me enough to plan to go tomorrow. Unless of course the pain has a delayed reaction.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails